Page 1    

The great difference?

Page 2    

BARTHENAU Vigna S. Michele


Vigna KOLBENHOF


Vigna RECHTENTHALER SCHLOSSLEITEN


BARTHENAU Vigna S. Urbano


Vigna STEINRAFFLER


Vigna ROCCOL


Vigna PIRCHSCHRAIT

Page 3    

VIGNA

Only the term “Vigna”

guarantees the origin of a single-vineyard wine

and is combined with the famed name of the vineyard parcel.

">Skip intro"
 

Meczan Pinot Noir

Grape Variety: Pinot Noir

Pinot Noir was successfully introduced into Alto Adige on the beginning of the 19 century. It soon became evident that the gently sloping terrain and the micro-climate at Mazon were perfect for producing Pinot Noir of international stature.

Soil: A mixture of clay, lime and eroded porphyry.

Winemaking: 75 percent of the bunches are de-stemmed, while the remaining 25 percent are placed whole in the fermentation vats. Fermentation lasts 10 days, during which the skins and other solids are constantly kept loose and submerged in the must.

Description: The Meczan Pinot Noir is distinguished by its unmistakable varietal character, its distinctive aroma and fruity character, by its bright ruby colour with garnet reflexes, and its fresh, stimulating bouquet with seductive hints of woodland berries and cherry. On the palate Meczan is harmonious, sappy and mellow with impressive fruit.

Food Choices: Game dishes, roasts, pasta with meat sauces.