MECZAN

Hofstätter classification

Selection wines

The Meczan Pinot Nero is distinguished by its unmistakable varietal character, its distinctive aroma and fruity character. The colour is bright ruby with garnet highlights. The refreshing, stimulating bouquet exudes seductive notes of wild forest berries and cherries. On the palate, the Meczan is harmonious, sappy and mellow with impressive fruit.

Pinot Nero was successfully introduced into Trentino-Alto Adige at the beginning of the 19 century. It soon became evident that the gently sloping terrain and the micro-climate on the elevated Mazon plateau offers perfect preconditions for Pinot Nero of international stature.

Grape Variety

Pinot Noir

Soil

Conglomerate of clay, limestone and porphyry.

Food
pairings

Wild fowl, roasts, and pasta with meat sauces.

Serving temperature

12° - 14° C

Vinification

75% of the grape bunches are de-stemmed, while the remaining 25% are placed as whole clusters in the fermentation vat. Fermentation lasts 10 days, during which the skins and other solids are constantly submerged in the must.